Outdoor Party Supplies Cheyenne WY
The Fool-Proof Outdoor Summer Party
Home and Garden
How to plan the perfect celebration, despite the weather
One of the best things about great summer weather is gathering with friends and family to share food and fun under the sun. At least, that's the plan. But as we know, the weather doesn't always make the perfect guest at a party. In spite of your planning, the day may turn fickle and suddenly you're faced with rain, wind or even soaring temperatures. While you can't control Mother Nature, there are ways to prevent weather from ruining your special event. Here are some tips for weather-proofing your party.
Choose a theme
No matter what the weather, choose a theme for your outdoor party and decorate accordingly. Popular summer themes include a Garden Party, Pool Party, Beach Party, Neighborhood Block Party, Barbeque, Tailgate Party, or Fourth of July celebration.
Next, gather the decorations, but don't actually decorate until day of the party. Because the weather could change overnight, prepare portable decorating items that can be moved indoors quickly. Helium-inflated balloons make the best decorations, as they add color, cheer and atmosphere to any party theme. If you use a Balloon Time Helium Balloon Kit, you can decorate quickly and easily at the last minute - indoors or out. Then add other touches related to your theme, such as potted flowers for a Garden Party, beach balls for a Pool or Beach Party, or American flags for a Fourth of July Party.
Here are some additional solutions for weather concerns:
- Set an alternate "Rain Location" on the invitation to alert guests to a possible change of venue.
- Reserve an indoor location as a backup, in case you need to move your party inside. Ask if you can pay a deposit so you don't have to lose the entire amount for the reservation.
- Invite only as many guests as you can comfortably entertain inside your house in case you need to move inside at the last minute.
- Rent a tent or canopy - it adds fun, elegance and drama to your party, even in good weather. And it makes great protection if the temperatures soar.
- Rent heaters or fans to keep the guests warm if the weather is cool - and keep them cool if it gets too hot.
- Rent individual umbrellas or parasols f...